After meeting with my campus administrator, I realized her ideas and my ideas about an inquiry research project were not the same. I really very felt passionate about my project concerning raising our commended scores in ELA, however she felt our school would be better served with an inquiry project concerning school wide discipline or how to increase technology use within our building. I was some what downcast about the idea of my project not coming to fruition, but after sleeping on the new ideas, one of them became vey appealing. Not being technology literate at all, I thought doing an inquiry research project concerning the use of technology at our school and how to improve usage might be the ticket. I begin to brainstorm ideas about student and staff surveys, and looked through our beginning of the year technology in-services and signed up for as many as possible.
Who knows because of this project I might become the new “technology queen” at White Oak, or at least become technology literate? I would just settle for being able to hook up my projector and Elmo at the beginning of the year by myself with out begging for help.
Lesson learned through this process…just because I feel passionate about a topic does not mean that is what is best for our entire school. Finding a way to increase technology at White Oak will benefit all students and subject areas, not just the ELA department.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment