This week I attended three and half days of voluntary in-service, two of those days were technology classes. I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed with all the new techno gadgets I have learned.
First… I designed my own webpage with a hyperlink to my weekly student blog. I have been blogging since last year after the technology graduate class I took at Lamar. My students and parents really enjoyed the fact that they had assignment clarification at their finger tips. My personal website will make this blog address available so no one can lose it.
Second…I attended a Print, Fold, and Cut workshop. This in-service was instructions on how to make foldables on the computer. The ideas from this workshop are endless, I have already contacted my administrator concerning loading these applications on the computers in of our labs.
Third…I went to an in-service on Google docs. Our district has been very slow to download Microsoft office onto every computer; they use Star Office because of cost. Star Office is horrible. Using Google docs instead of Star office will make documents so much more usable. I am so excited about this technology as well; again the classroom usages are endless.
Next week I am looking at another two and a half days of technology workshops, besides my content area specific workshops…well so much for the end of the summer.
I am thrilled though with all I am learning and excited about having a new set of guinea pigs (also known as students) to inflict with my new techno knowledge.
Friday, August 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment